Monday, July 15, 2013

spicy "kicky" pasta salad

I think pasta salad gets a bad rap. Sometimes, pasta salad can be mushy, salty, too mayo-ish and bland all at the same time. I love good pasta salad. And, it's perfect for a refreshing summer dinner. This one is spicy, but not too spicy. Just kind of kicky. Maybe I should call it kicky pasta salad.
I really think the main problem people have with pasta salad is that it takes like over cooked noodles overed in mayonnaise. This makes it easier. Mayo, milk, vinegar and chipotle. The chipotle comes from the sauce in the chipotles in adobo sauce (canned). Oh, and salt.
Whisk together. If you don't have a squid whisk like I do, you can use any regular whisk. Let this hang out in the fridge while you wait for the pasta to be done.
Hello, ziti. Chill out. I'll be back to you in a minute.
Cubed smoked gouda cheese, sliced cherry tomatoes and cooked ziti, and then...
Mixed in with the sauce. I'm telling you, the cheese and the sauce make this. Make this amazing, that is. I served this with REAL lemon pepper chicken.
By real, I mean with REAL lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt, pepper and chicken breast. But, serve this pasta salad with whatever you. Or, nothing at all!
Spicy "Kicky" Pasta Salad
From my queen, The Pioneer Woman!
8 oz ziti pasta, cooked
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotles in adobo
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 lb smoked gouda cheese, cubed

Make sure cooked ziti pasta is completely cooled. Combine together mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, adobo sauce and salt. Keep chilled if ziti pasta is not cool. When everything is cool, mix together and add in tomato halves and gouda cheese. Keep chilled. Best if served very cold. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment