Tuesday, July 16, 2013

elvis frosty paws

Yea, you read that right. I know it sounds strange, but you guys know what an Elvis sandwich is, right? The bacon, peanut butter and banana grilled cheese? Not something I'm so interested in eating. But, basic recipe for the frosty paws I make is yogurt, peanut butter and banana, so I only needed one more thing!
Bacon! Bacon bits, to be exact. And not a whole bunch, just maybe 2 ounces- at the most. Just to add little bits of meaty-ness to the frosty paws. No puppy needs too much bacon, although I'm sure they'd disagree. I use plain yogurt this time, too.
Mix-y, mix-y! This time, not some weird purple color. Just a weird brown color.
I've mastered the art of the spooning of the yogurt. I think the key is so spoon a small amount in to each spot, tap it down, and top it off before tapping it down again. This way, you get less gloop on the outside of the spots.
Sometimes, I think I could put a rock in front of Nora Jones and she would eat. I'm sure of it. At least this is a little softer. And it has BACON!
Elvis Frosty Paws
2 bananas
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 oz. bacon bits
24 ounces fat free plain yogurt

In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Puree with a hand mixer until the banana are in fine chunks. Spoon the puree into ice cube trays until just full. Tap trays on the counter to remove any air bubbles and to smooth out the surface. Put trays into the ice box and freeze for several hours or until completely set. Keep frozen until time to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment