Monday, July 29, 2013

how to make whipped cream

You can always buy whipped cream from a can, but that's not fun. Nor is it as good as REAL whipped cream. Once you try it and make it once, there's no going back. You want to start out with a cold, cold bowl and beaters. You can't see it, but the beaters I plan on using are in the ice chest.
Two things here- one cup of cream makes about 2 cups of whipped cream so you'll have more than you expect. I sweeten at the beginning- the rule of thumb is 2 tablespoons of sugar for every cup of cream. I use a little less because I don't like mine so sweet. Powdered sugar dissolves faster than regular granulated sugar so it helps to whip faster as well.
Cold bowl, cold beaters and powdered sugar all help to whip the cream faster AND to help make it even lighter and fluffier.
I like my whipped cream to be in hard peaks, which takes about 2 minutes or so, but you can stop before the peaks get to this point. Don't beat toooo much because you'll get butter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment