Monday, July 22, 2013

romano paprika dressing

I've started taking to making my own salad dressing. Mostly because I change my mind about what I want on my salad. During the summer, I want something light and not too creamy on my salad, and so this is pretty much perfect.
Raw garlic gives this dressing a zingy kick with a floral and bitey flavor.
Add in the salt, pepper, olive oil, white vinegar and paprika.
The KEY to this, however, is the romano cheese... fresh grated because it almost sort of melts into the vinegar.
Shake, shake, shake! And add to the salad of your choice.
The salad I chose for this is spring mix, cherry tomatoes and bacon. Simple.
A key move is to toss the dressing rather than to pour over on the plate. When you pull the salad out of the bowl, you can make sure you don't get lots of dressing on the plate.
Romano Paprika Dressing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/8 cup fresh grated Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a mason jar, or in a bowl, mix everything together. Toss into fresh greens and vegetables and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment