Saturday, July 27, 2013

10,000 hits!! pepperoni chip celebration!

10,000 Hits!! YEA!!
You like me! You really like me! And I like you too. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I'm re-posting the biggest post of my last 10,000 hits and that has definitely been the pepperoni chips.
I do find it kind of funny that the pepperoni chips have been the biggest hit because it's by far the most simple I've posted. Rip open a package of pepperoni, lay them in a single layer on a baking tray, pop it into a 350 degree oven and that's it. 10 minutes later and this is what you have...
Pepperoni chips! If you use regular pepperoni you need to dab off the grease with a paper towel. If you use turkey pepperoni then you are good to go. These are awesome hot, I pack them in my lunch sometimes cold. Either way, they are a treat.
Pepperoni Chips
1 package turkey pepperoni

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Line pepperoni up in a single layer on a cooking tray with edges. Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to be vigilant against burning. Remove from oven when pepperoni looks visibly smaller, richer in color and crispy. Blot with paper towel. Store in ziplock bag to retain crunch.

2 comments:

  1. Been meaning to make these since I first came across them. I finally did tonight to take on a visit to a girlfriend tomorrow who LOVES pepperoni. Took two in to my DH back in his office. "UMMM... That's insane!" Mr. Healthiness said. "Those could get addictive!"
    Really enjoy your site, and am getting through your archives, but more slowly than I had hoped. Congrats on 10,000+! XOXO to the pooches!
    Terri in Jax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Terri! This is the best I could hope for- and yes! The pepperoni chips are addicting, they never last very long in our house!

      Delete