Tuesday, April 2, 2013

kahlua pork

This is the easiest recipe for Easter I have ever tried. The pork is three ingredients and then you add the bread. No, I'm serious. Three ingredients in the crock pot. Put on a roll. Done.
I start my kahlua pork with a bone in picnic- Boston Butt. These cuts of pork are relatively cheap. Believe it or not, I got the cut of pork above for just $5.68. Plenty of fat- that's what you need to get it nice and juicy and flavorful. Don't worry though, it's not greasy at all!
That may seem like a lot of salt on top this pork butt, but it'll be just fine. Add as much or as little liquid smoke as you would like- I added about 20 drops into the pan so it wasn't too smoky.
12 hours later, this is what you end up with! You don't need to cook it for 12 hours, but I worked on Easter from 8-6 so it went into the crock pot at 7 and we at it around 7 later. 6 hours should do the trick!
I went traditional with my sandwiches and used Hawaiian sweet rolls. I chose the slider, or dinner roll version, but you can use the sub style or full sandwich size.
Kahlua Pork
1 3-4 lb Boston Butt
20-30 drops liquid smoke
1 palmful of salt
1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls

Place Boston Butt inside crock pot on low heat. Sprinkle with salt and liquid smoke. Cook on low for 6-12 hours and shred before serving. Serve on Hawaiian sweet rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment