Friday, May 3, 2013

nutella cups

I saw the recipe for these the other day on Daisy Chubb's, and all I could think was "get in my belly!" I just so happened to have a FULL jar of Nutella in my cabinet, and I always have the stuff to make cookies, so I whipped these up right quick.
I'm a really terrible baker, because I don't like to measure and I'm kind of impatient and forgetful at the same time. I recently tried to make cheesecake bars and burnt them to a crisp. But I've been making strides lately, and researching things that help to make baked goods better. Like, using room temperature eggs and butter.
Using room temperature butter will make it easier to cream the sugar together and it really makes a difference.
This is a really thick dough so that the dough doesn't spread out too much.
Roll up that dough, and try to keep your mouth from watering too much.
These are the accouterments that you will need to go forward. You don't necessarily need a Chicago shot glass, but it doesn't hurt.
Yea, I know. I cooked them a touch to long. I got distracted by an episode of Wilfred. But they are still delicious  just not quite super soft.
After letting them sit for a minute or two, use that shot glass to make perfect little indents in the cookies.
Fill with Nutella and eat immediately. Try not to burn your mouth. And try to save some for later. Operative word is try.
Nutella Cups
Original recipe found at Daisy Chubb's Tea and Treats!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jar Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Cream butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Gradually add dry ingredients until a stiff dough forms. Roll balls into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in muffin tin. Cook in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until dough is golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies sit for 2 minutes and then make wells in the cookies with the shot glass. Add 1 tablespoon of Nutella to each cup. Let cool for 15-20 minutes before devouring. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment