Monday, February 11, 2013

spicy thai noodles

I'm going to apologize in advance for this post- there are only 3 pictures to post. This meal comes together so quickly that I didn't have time (or didn't plan ahead) to take pictures of the sauce or chicken- although I know not everyone likes to see pictures of raw chicken.

Anyway, like I said, this meal comes together in just about as much time as it takes to cook the noodles. I only used 1 large chicken breast for the protein and only about 1/2 lb of pasta, and it made enough food for both Ed and I to eat for dinner and lunch the next day.

The sauce is fairly simple, and you can tweek it if you don't like it too spicy. I love Gourmet Gardens squeeze bottle herbs for things that I don't use often, like their Chili Blend and Ginger. You can find them in the produce section of almost any grocery store. The Chili blend is the spicy base for this pasta, although I do add crushed red pepper.
If you don't enjoy the strong flavor of sesame oil, you can always use all vegetable, but I like that little nutty flavor that it brings. You can always dial back the spice, add more vegetables (like carrots or water chestnuts) and use beef instead of chicken. It's very versatile.
Spicy Thai Noodles
1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
1 large chicken breast, diced
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup sesame oil
1 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp peanut butter
4 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Chili Blend paste
1/2 tsp crushed chili peppers

Boil your pasta and drain thoroughly. In a wok or large pan, saute the chicken until cooked through. While the chicken is cooking, mix the oils, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, chili paste and crushed chili in a small bowl. Combine noodles, chicken and sauce mixture in the wok and toss to combine. Sauce with thicken up and coat noodles as the peanut butter melts. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment