Friday, November 8, 2013

nutella wontons

So I wanted something sweet. And... we had nothing sweet except a jar of Nutella. While I'm unopposed to just opening the jar and consuming a spoonful, I realized that I also had some leftover wontons from a meal I made a while ago. Three wonton wrappers, to be exact.
Yep. That's all you need. You could add strawberries or bananas, but I don't like anything coming between me and the Nutella.
Pretty self explanatory- just the three wonton wrappers, three dollops of Nutella and then water rubbed along the edges to seal.
I smoosh the Nutella towards the sealed edges just a little bit, as well.
This is just regular old vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet. Nothing fancy here.
These will get golden and perfect in no time flat, so be vigilant!
Keep going until they are all gone! At this point, I might mention, that you can always make more than three, but these babies are RICH. Very.
And adding powdered sugar just makes them even more rich. No shame.
This is how I apply my powdered sugar. This was an old spice jar of cumin that I washed out, dried and then filled with powdered sugar. It works great! I serve my Nutella Wontons with whipped cream, just for even more decadence!
Nutella Wontons
3 Tablespoons Nutella
3 wonton wrappers, room temperature
Vegetable oil, for frying
Powdered sugar, for dusting

Preheat oil over medium heat in a flat bottom skillet. Lay out wonton wrappers on a work surface and place 1 tablespoon of Nutella on each wonton in the bottom corner. Using a finger or pastry brush, rub water along the edges and fold over to seal, pressing lightly with fingertips. Drop each wonton, one at a time, into the hot oil and cook for 30 seconds on each sides. Drain on a paper towel and repeat until all wontons are gone. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment