Friday, November 1, 2013

apple & oatmeal frosty paws

I believe I may have out done myself on this one. They are Frosty Paw perfection. They do require a little more work than my normal Frosty Paw recipe, but I think these may be the best yet! I actually ate several spoonfuls myself, it smelled that good.
The first step is to toast the oats. You can pop it in straight away, but I like toasted oats better. And, I think the dogs like the toasted oats better, too.
Radar loves a warm oven. It's one of his favorite things. He curls up right next to the stove and lets himself
get all toasty.
The ingredients, after toasting the oats, are simple. Vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of applesauce, the oats and cinnamon. See? Simple!
This is the point where I sampled a taste. Just because I'll be feeding it to my dogs doesn't mean that it should taste like dog food! This actually tasted a bit like apple pie!
Spoon into the trays and tap on the counter to get out any air bubbles- then into the fridge they go! A few hours (or the next morning) you'll have another batch of treats for your pups!
Apple & Oatmeal Frosty Paws
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cup toasted oat
24 ounces fat free vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients. Spoon the puree into ice cube trays until just full. Tap trays on the counter to remove any air bubbles and to smooth out the surface. Put trays into the ice box and freeze for several hours or until completely set. Keep frozen until time to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment