Monday, November 18, 2013

adobo marinated pork chops

I don't think Ed has ever met a pork chop he didn't like. He told me, after I presented him with this version, that pork chops are a good meal. That's basically like him saying that pork chops are the best meal ever. Add that to the fact I don't cook them very often, and somehow I've managed to make the humble pork chop my fiancees favorite meal. Kind of like how I convinced the dogs that ice cubes are a treat.
This is my new favorite thing. I usually use chipotles in adobo and try to get the liquid out of the can, but this is basically JUST the liquid from the can with little bits of the pepper mixed in. It's amazing. AH-mazing.
Here's what makes up this marinade- chipotle salsa (or the liquid from chipotles in adobo) apple cider vinegar, orange zest, roughly chopped onion and garlic, cinnamon, brown sugar, chili powder, onion powder, lemon juice and cumin. It's so amazing. So, so amazing.
It's going to be pretty chunky. That's okay.
Let this marinate with your pork chops for about an hour, then grill them up! You'll love this.
Adobo Marinated Pork Chops
2 lbs bone in thin sliced pork chops
1/4 cup chipotle salsa
1/4 cup onion, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Juice of 1 whole lemon
Zest of 1/2 orange

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, excluding pork chops. Marinate pork chops in sauce for 1 hour. Grill indoors or outdoors for 4 minutes on either side to caramelize sugars and cook pork chops through. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment