Friday, March 15, 2013

sausage and potato bake

This is one of our new favorite meals because it's cheap and delicious, but I may have to switch to a new kind of pepper soon- I'm running out of the ones that I have!!
This is my favorite part of the recipe- my family's preserved and packaged hot peppers. We jar banana (or wax) peppers once a year in olive oil with nothing except a clove or 2 of garlic and salt. No heating, just storing. They are delicious! But, since I live in Savannah and not Pennsylvania where my parents live and where the peppers are jarred, I have to wait for my family to send me jars down in care packages. These packages usually also contain Middleswarth Chips, treats for the dogs and Zesty Savory marinade from the greatest grocery store in existence, Wegmans. If you don't have my family's peppers on hand, then you can use any wax pepper for this meal. And they don't have to be packed in oil!
As usual, we use turkey sausage rather than pork or beef. This is regular smoked turkey sausage, which I cut into rings.
There are only 5 ingredients in this recipe. Sausage, potatoes, onion, peppers and oil. Salt and pepper optional. Oven for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. That's it.
Potato and Sausage Bake
1 medium onion, sliced
1 package smoked turkey sausage, sliced
2-3 wax peppers, sliced
2-3 large potatoes, diced
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 345 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a glass or metal baking pan. Be sure to coat all ingredients in oil. Cook in oven for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment