Friday, March 8, 2013

new orleans style barbecue shrimp

Who doesn't love shrimp? Well, other than my father. Seafood is a way of life down here in the South, and Georgia White Shrimp reigns supreme. You can get a pound of 15/20 white shrimp here for $6.99, and it's on sale all the time. We eat shrimp as often as we can. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and followed it back to Return to Sunday Dinner.
My version is only slightly different- I didn't have the Heinz Chili Sauce, so I substituted the Gourmet Garden Chili Blend paste that I used for the Spicy Thai Noodles several weeks ago. I also de-tailed my shrimp for easier consumption.
I cook my shrimp on the stovetop rather than in the oven, and I didn't marinate it ahead of time either. I didn't have the foresight to do that... but it turned out delicious any way.
New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp
2 lbs fresh peeled and deveined shrimp
1/2 cup melted butter
4 Tablespoons Gourmet Garden Chili paste
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
4-5 dashes hot sauce
1 Tablespoon minced garlic

Mix together all ingredients, except shrimp and oil, in a small bowl. Preheat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and sauce immediately. Cook until shrimp are pink and shaped like C's. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment