Tuesday, March 26, 2013

pork ribs a-la cindy

This recipe has been in my family for a while, and they call them pork chops a-la Cindy, named after my Aunt Cindy. I changed the recipe a little bit, but below is the original.
The below is the beer I decided to use. But you can use whatever you want!
I add a few things, and instead of using pork chops, I opted to what they call picnic ribs- thicker and meatier than regular ribs. I also cook mine in the crock pot for 6 hours so they are beyond tender and require less maintenance.
Additional ingredients include liquid smoke, crushed red pepper and garlic. I also use honey instead of brown sugar.
Toss them around to coat and cook on low for 6 hours.
After the six hours are up, drain off several tablespoons of the liquid and mix with cornstarch.
Whisk together and add to the crock pot. Allow to cook for another 30 minutes to thicken.
Ah yea! This makes it more barba-quey than before!
Pork A-La Cindy
2 lbs of pork, ribs or chops
2/3 cup beer
2/3 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
4-5 drops liquid smoke
3 Tablespoons corn starch

Mix together all ingredients except pork in the crock pot. Drop in pork and mix to coat. Cook in crock pot for 6 hours. Remove 1/3 cup liquid and combine with 3 Tablespoons of corn starch. Mix into crock pot and allow to cook for another 1/2 hour to thicken. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment