Tuesday, November 26, 2013

crock pot pork verde

I love easy recipes, and this is about as easy as it gets. Not quite as easy as my 3 ingredient Kahlua Pork, but it comes pretty darn close. If you were feeling extra lazy that day (no shame) you could even omit all the slicing and smashing and just go with the jar of salsa and call it a day. But I like doctoring mine up. I don't really like putting in my contacts later with all that pepper oil left on my fingers, but that's another story.
Start off with some pork butt, also known as pork shoulder. It's not actually a booty. But if it was, I wouldn't care. It's still so yummy and moist.
Now we add the good stuff to the crock pot. Here is the good stuff. Of course, you could take the time to roast the tomatillos and poblanos, and peel them, and puree them... but I'm trying to make this easy on you! Just buy the salsa. No shame.
Just dump it all in together. The salsa, the sliced poblanos, the sliced onions and the cilantro. I don't even bother to slice up the cilantro. I just throw it all in.
This is what it's going to look like. And the smell is going to be even better.
Shred it into wonderful-ness. You can see that I was even lazy when it came to this. I barely shredded it. I said to myself, "This is good enough". And then I said, "It will fall apart as I grab it with the tongs". The definition of lazy. Right here. Serve this with lime wedges and tortillas- that's all you need!
Crock Pot Pork Verde
4 lbs pork shoulder or pork butt
1 17 oz. jar salsa verde
1 poblano pepper, sliced thin
1/2 large onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, smashed
1 bunch cilantro, shredded or chopped

Place all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours on on high for 4 hours. Shred before serving and serve with lime wedges and tortillas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment